Are Trade Show Expenses Deductible?
Trade show expenses are deductible since exhibiting or attending a trade show is for business, not leisure. Trade shows can be costly, with many different factors driving up your expenses. However, since they are tax deductible, you can feel comfortable spending your marketing budget to demonstrate your products or services to a niche audience.
Some of the most common trade show expenses you’ll want to consider claiming on your taxes include:
- Trade Show registration and exhibition fees
- Travel expenses, which can include airfare, public transport cost, fuel, mileage, and lodging en route.
- Marketing expenses, which can consist of promotional giveaways for your business, banners and signs, and more.
- Business-related meal expenses (50% deductible) to include meals with clients.
- Business supplies including company pens, pencils, customized notebooks, and more.