The Ultimate Custom Water Bottle Buying Guide
How to Choose the Best Water Bottle to Promote Your Business
Whether you're hiking a trail or rushing to catch the commuter train, a water bottle at the ready keeps you hydrated, healthy and ready for whatever's next. Everybody needs water throughout the day, making personalized water bottles the ideal promotional giveaway or gift for clients, prospective customers and valued employees. A water bottle customized with your logo is something they'll take everywhere – and proves invaluable for your brand's visibility and word of mouth.
On the surface, a lot of water bottles may seem similar; but if you look closer, there are many different types of water bottles out there. If you’re overwhelmed by the options, this guide covers materials, brands and features so you can find the best custom water bottle for every corporate event, trade show or special event.
Why Buy Reusable Water Bottles?
- Good for the environment. Eco-friendly water bottles are a sustainable alternative to disposable plastic, reducing pollution in landfills and in the ocean.
- Good for your bottom line. Each time you buy bottled water, your money goes down the drain. Tap into a refillable option and do your wallet, and the environment, good.
- Good for your health. The notion that drinking from the faucet is bad for you doesn't hold water anymore. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulates tap water and mandates that water utilities provide quality reports.
Choosing the Right Bottle Material
There are four types of material typically used in water bottle design – stainless steel, glass, aluminum and plastic. Maybe you want the best insulated water bottle or best filtered water bottle. Perhaps you're looking for something extra durable or attention-getting. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, so test the waters and determine what attributes are most important for your specific needs.
Stainless steel water bottles are growing increasingly more popular, as concerns over the effects of plastic on the environment rise. Stainless steel is excellent for hikers and lovers of the outdoors due to its rugged durability and eco-friendly qualities. Another enticing feature is stainless steel's ability to maintain temperatures for a longer period of time. If you're looking for the coldest water bottle (or the hottest), this is a solid choice.
Check out customer favorites like the 64-oz. Rage Tumbler and 16-oz. Vigo Stainless Insulated Bottle. Want something new and innovative? Try the 22-oz. Hydration Charging Station Stainless Steel Bottle or the 17-oz. Deluxe Halcyon® Soft-Touch Bottle.
While not practical for exercise or outdoor use, glass water bottles are a highly sustainable giveaway or gift-giving choice when you want to make a smooth presentation. Its hard, sleek surface creates an elegant backdrop for your brand logo. Just don't drop it – even the best glass water bottle won't withstand impact on a hard surface!
Aluminum is the way to go for those on the go. If your recipients are athletes or travelers, they'll love the lightweight practicality and convenience. Most aluminum water bottles are designed to easily attach to a belt, backpack, suitcase or bike. And though aluminum doesn't offer the strength and insulating qualities of its stainless steel counterpart, it is incredibly affordable and easily toted.
Plastic is still considered the most popular water bottle material due to its versatility, affordability and convenience. A wide variety of plastic water bottles are eco-friendly and ideal for everyday use – lightweight for sports, practical for home or office, and safe for children. Of course, like all other materials, plastic has its advantages and disadvantages:
Whether you opt for customer favorites like the 20-oz. Bike and Sports Bottle and 16-oz. Flex Bottle or big water bottles like the 32-oz. Brilliant Sports Bottle, you're assured the best selection of water bottle sizes and colors to showcase your brand.
Here’s how the water bottle materials stack up:
|Material||The Pros||The Cons|
|Stainless Steel|| || |
|Glass|| || |
|Aluminum|| || |
|Plastic|| || |
A Sea of Special Features
Since water bottles have become a mainstay in our daily lives, there is fierce competition to build the best water bottle with all the latest bells and whistles and innovative designs. Let's start at the top…literally.
Put a lid on it
Selecting the right lid is a major consideration for ease of use, convenience and overall satisfaction.
- Flip-top. This popular design flips open for quick access. The 26-oz. Tritan™ Flair Bottle with Drink-Thru Lid is a convenient option for light exercise and a great way to add a splash of color to your logo.
- Screw-on. This basic yet practical choice provides quick access to drinks and is easy to clean. Give the 25-oz. Hydra Water Bottle a turn.
- Push-button. Simply push the button and sip. When you only have one hand free, the 16 oz Contigo® Luxe Tumbler gets the job done.
- Push-and-pull spout. Its ease of use makes it the most popular choice among sports enthusiasts. Your logo will stand out on the colorful 27-oz. Poly-Squeeze Translucent Sports Bottle.
- Straw lid. A water bottle with straw is a great option for kids or travel. A customer favorite is the 16-oz. Thirst Buster Travel Cup that's perfect for iced drinks.
- Flip-up spout. Offering drink-and-go convenience and ease, the 26-oz. Tritan™ Flair Bottle with Flip Straw Lid lets you prominently display your brand.
- Thumb-slide. Take a sip and slide shut to prevent spills. The popular 11-oz. Sherpa Vacuum Tumbler & Insulator keeps drinks hot or cold for hours.
- Filtered. An excellent choice for health-conscious recipients. Check out the Water Bottle Humidifier with filters that release humidity into the air.
Put your message on a bottle
There are so many creative ways to get your brand message out there. You could go with a traditional style – or you could really "wow" them with an aesthetic water bottle design like:
- Infusers. These innovative designs let your recipients enjoy the fruits of their labor. Fruit can be steeped to give beverages a smooth, delicious taste. The 28-oz. Infusing Fruit Sports Bottle makes strenuous workouts more refreshing.
- Collapsible/foldable bottles. Your personalized water bottles will really get around when you give a portable style that clients or employees can take along on trips or corporate events, even when space is limited. The 28-oz. Collapsible Water Bottle makes the perfect travel companion.
- Insulated tumblers. Some like it hot…others like it cold. With the best insulated water bottles, you can have both. These are among our most popular giveaways, like the 22-oz. Juna Copper Insulated Bottle, which keeps drinks hot for up to 12 hours or cold up to 48 hours.
- Blender bottles. Mix business with pleasure – give them the best water bottle for on-the-go smoothies and protein drinks. Our personal favorite is the BPA-free Fuel Up Fitness Frost Tumbler with Mixing Ball.
- Color-changing designs. Customers are guaranteed to remember your brand on these custom color-changing water bottles. Who wouldn't get a kick out of the 16-oz. Evolve Tumbler Mood Straw with a chameleon-like straw?
- Dome covers. These are ideal for the beach and other outdoor activities due to their ability to prevent spills and keep the top of the bottle clean. The compact and sleek 12-oz. Race Day Water Bottle is ready to show off your logo anywhere.
- Bluetooth/wireless speaker bottles. Customers will sing your praises when you hook them up with a high-tech water bottle with built-in speakers. How does the Sporty Bluetooth® Speaker Bottle sound?
- Copper-plated. Vacuum-insulated bottles with copper-plated inner walls are beautiful, and keep drinks hot or cold longer. Our personal favorite? The 12-oz. Cosmo Mini Copper Insulated Bottle with built-in strap.
- Light-up. Want to see your name in lights? Add your logo and brand messaging to a brilliant water bottle featuring LED lights, like the attention-getting 22-oz. Cool Gear® POP Light-up Bottle with rotating colors.
- Jugs and growlers. Represent your brand in grand fashion with big water bottles that'll keep them hydrated and keep your logo front and center. Make a larger-than-life impression with the substantial, copper-lined 64-oz. Tundra Growler.
- Flasks. A clever and unique twist on the standard water bottle. Make a truly memorable statement with the 25-oz. Insulated Wine Flask that keeps beverages cold for up to 12 hours.
Trusted Brands You'll Be Proud to Associate With
What's in a name? Trust. Recognition. Quality. Reliability. These are the standards you hold for your business – and how it is presented to the world. That's why you need the best water bottle brands to boost your marketing efforts. There are many brands to wade through, but these are some of our favorites:
Pick a Size, Any Size
When it comes to convenience and functionality, size really matters when choosing a water bottle. Some drinkers sip, others gulp. Our range of sizes accommodates all. Here are some factors to consider:
- Don't get weighed down. Avoid heavier or bulkier styles for sports or outdoor activities. A more streamlined, lightweight model works best.
- Keep it compact. If you want your recipient to be able to tote the bottle wherever they go, a smaller, easy-to-manage size may be best suited.
- Make sure it fits. Think about how your customer or employee will use it. If you want your personalized water bottles traveling by car or by bike, choose sizes that accommodate cup holders.
Don't Forget to Accessorize
With today's on-the-go lifestyles, people are taking their water bottles everywhere. We offer a range of practical and stylish accessories to keep your personalized water bottles out there for the world to see. Check out these active essentials:
- Clips and carabiners. Whether they're running, cycling or heading off on a work trip, your clients and employees will want the security of knowing their bottle stays with them. Our recommendation is the 26-oz. Vivid Aluminum Sports Bottle. Just clip and go!
- Hydration packs. A must for serious outdoor enthusiasts. These lightweight packs allow hands-free hydration. Some packs are even insulated to keep liquid from freezing or becoming warm. Our No Thirst Hydration Pack is a customer favorite.
- Backpacks and duffels. When their water bottle needs a home for traveling, we offer a wide variety of styles to accommodate any size or shape bottle. The ActiV Drawstring Backpack and Conquest 19" Sport Duffel are affordable options they'll love.
Keep It Clean
When choosing the best water bottle for gift-giving, keep in mind that some styles are easier to clean than others. Remember these useful water bottle cleaning tips:
- Materials. Some materials, like stainless steel, are dishwasher-safe. Others, such as aluminum, are not.
- Size and shape. Bottles with narrower openings may require a bottle brush, while wider openings are easier to clean.
We offer a wide range of water bottles made in the USA. Here are a few of our favorites:
28-oz. Clear View Bottle
Rugged, lightweight BPA-free plastic is perfect for fundraisers and trade shows.
18-oz. Hiker's Delight Water Bottle
Recyclable plastic is better for the environment, and the compact size makes it a great giveaway item.
18-oz. Super Sip Water Bottle
Fun translucent colors add a splash to your next event or promotion.
Make It Personal
Personalized water bottles are a smart and cost-effective way to get your name and brand into the hands of clients (and potential ones!). They're also a practical gift your employees will proudly use and display. Before placing an order for your promotional event or corporate function, ask yourself these questions:
- How many colors? This question is twofold. First, do you want your logo design imprinted in one color or several? Second, the bottle color you choose will also be a determining factor in giving your brand the most pop.
- What size and design? There are many creative options here, so find what works best for your brand. You may want a wraparound or one-sided design. Does your logo work better vertically or horizontally?
- Printed or engraved? Printed designs can create a bold, colorful statement. Engraving, on the other hand, makes an elegant, upscale presentation.
Make It Cost-Effective
The size of your event and the number of giveaway recipients are a significant factor in determining which products make sense for your promotion. If you're planning a large event, a more affordable choice may work best. For smaller events, there are moderately priced options. Want to really impress your top clients or reward top-performing employees? Splurge! Whatever your budget, we have water bottles to fit them all.
Personalized water bottles are among the best promotional giveaway items due to their popularity, practicality and longevity. The next time you want to get a customer's attention or reward your employees, give them something they'll raise a glass (or water bottle) to.