Promotional Products for Booster Clubs:
5 of the Best Ideas
Booster clubs are parent-led organizations designed to raise funds for student clubs and teams. With a successful booster club, student clubs and organizations can flourish. From sports equipment to field trips, booster clubs can offer all kinds of essential support.
But how can booster clubs go beyond traditional fundraising ideas to provide students with the programs they need and deserve?
The answer is short and sweet: promotional products. With the right promotional items, booster clubs and PTAs can generate funds like never before.
Read on to learn more about booster clubs, how promotional products can help them and five of the best school merch ideas you can start using today.
How Do Booster Clubs Work?
Before we dive into the details, let’s first explore how booster clubs work.
As mentioned earlier, booster clubs are parent-run organizations with a goal to raise money for student clubs and teams. For example, booster clubs may be dedicated to supporting their associated:
- Marching Band
- Athletic Club or Team
- Drama Club
- Competitive Math Team
- Chess Club
- Debate Team
- Model United Nations
- Yearbook Club
- Academic Decathlon Team
- School Newspaper Club
- Prom Committee
According to the most recent research from the U.S. Census Bureau, nearly 60 percent of children between the ages of 6 and 17 participate in such extracurricular activities.
The agency also found that children who are involved in these activities are more engaged in school. So, it’s plain to see how booster clubs can play a vital role in fostering student success and building scholastic communities.
With that in mind, many booster clubs have taken to social media in an effort to gain exposure and build enthusiasm. Take a look at the official Twitter account of the Watauga High School Pioneer Booster Club, which regularly posts updates about the school’s athletic programs:
With the money they’re able to raise, booster clubs can provide students with things like:
- Sports equipment
- Printed promotional materials such as flyers, programs or team schedules
- Supplies like costumes, musical instruments, uniforms and prom decorations
- Transportation to events, games and competitions
- Activities and events like camps, field trips, banquets and celebrations
- Venue Reservations
How Promotional Products Can Help Booster Clubs
Traditional fundraising techniques like bake sales can certainly generate results. However, custom-printed promotional products are especially useful for raising money and promoting school spirit.
That’s because customized school promotional items can be bought in bulk for an affordable price, and are items that people actually want, keep, and use. Plus, they help create exposure for the student club, team or organization in question.
By customizing promotional products with a club name, team logo, school mascot, school name, or school logo, your booster club can make sure that more people know about the club you support.
After all, when people use your customized items out in public, they’ll be exposing your chosen design to hundreds or even thousands of other people.
5 Best Promotional Product Ideas for Booster Clubs
Want to ensure that your booster club is the best in the district? Sell, auction, or raffle off these five types of branded items at your next fundraising event:
From home to the gym to the classroom, everyone can use high-quality apparel in their day-to-day lives. That’s why custom-imprinted clothing like the Active Life Ladies’ Campus Microfleece Jacket pictured above is such a great choice for booster clubs (a men’s version is available too).
Crafted from anti-pill microfleece and equipped with handy side pockets and an embroidered imprint area, this jacket is a universally appealing option that everyone can appreciate.
Also consider these awesome pieces of apparel for your fundraising efforts:
- Flannel Lounge Pants: These unisex lounge pants are perfect for sleeping and relaxing alike. With a comfy unisex cut and 100 percent cotton material, these pants are sure to be a hit.
- Dual Colors Top Pom Beanie: This durable beanie has a classic look that will never go out of style. Its fun pom-pom, variety of color options, and large embroidered imprint area make it perfect for football games and other outdoor events.
- Favorite Gildan® Ultra Cotton® T-Shirt: You can’t go wrong with a premium-quality basic tee. Available in a wide array of colors, this t-shirt is also double-stitched at the sleeves, bottom hem and neckline for superior longevity.
With people’s interest both in health and eco-friendliness increasing, branded reusable drinkware is a foolproof choice for your booster club.
For games and outdoor events, you might want to choose a water bottle like the 27 oz Poly-Squeeze Sport Bottle shown above.
Or, make it easy for people to take their coffee with them wherever they go with an insulated tumbler (they’re perfect for hot cocoa and tea, too). We’re fans of these options:
- 20 oz Himalayan Tumbler: Made from vacuum-insulated stainless steel and topped with a spill-resistant lid, this BPA-free tumbler is a crowd favorite.
- 16 oz Accents Stainless Tumbler: This double-wall stainless steel tumbler also features a twist-on lid and a wide selection of vibrant accent colors.
It’s easy to forget to bring an umbrella to an outdoor game or event, leaving you stuck out in the rain. That’s why personalized umbrellas are such an excellent choice for booster clubs. Try selling umbrellas during the rainy seasons of soccer, football, baseball, and golf, and you’re sure to see impressive results.
One great example is the Revolution Striped Umbrella pictured above. Available in an array of bold colors, this umbrella folds down to a compact size that can easily fit in a backpack or purse. Just push the button and it instantly expands into a full-size umbrella. Plus, its steel frame keeps it from turning inside out in the wind.
We love these stylish umbrellas, too:
- Revolution Umbrella: A folding umbrella that can be returned to its shape if inverted without damaging the frame. Features a matching rubberized handle and nylon sleeve.
- Bantam Foldaway Umbrella: This classic, manual-opening umbrella is always a great choice. It comes in a rainbow of vibrant colors, and features a collapsible metal shaft for easy storage.
No one can resist the comfort of a soft, cozy blanket. With customized blankets of your own, your booster club can raise money and increase exposure for your associated student club.
The Hooded Sweatshirt Blanket shown above is a unique blanket that users will love. Made from soft cotton and durable polyester, this blanket features a button closure at the neck to keep it secure anywhere, anytime. Since it provides head-to-toe warmth, it’s perfect for school sporting events, outdoor activities and more.
Also check out these fantastic options:
- Collegiate Sweatshirt Blanket: This blanket is so soft and comfy, it feels like a sweatshirt for your whole body. Its huge imprint area puts your logo front and center, and it can even be imprinted with students’ signatures to create a memorable keepsake item. It’s a great choice for high school graduation fundraising efforts.
- Twirl Up Picnic Blanket: This portable blanket is perfect for your next outdoor sports game, school picnic or open-air movie night. It features a durable, water-resistant backing and a soft plaid top, and once folded can be easily transported with its attached carrying handle.
5. Sports-Specific Items
For instance, the Stress Balls Basketball pictured above can prominently display your team’s logo in offices, classrooms and more.
Take a look at these other logo items for schools.
- Football Dart: Use this personalized football dart to encourage teamwork and fun at your next event. Made of lightweight foam, this football dart’s specially designed fins allow for incredibly accurate throws for everyone.
- Official Hockey Puck: Perfect for selling at your next hockey game or team fundraiser, the Official Hockey Puck can be imprinted with any logo in the color of your choice.
- Hook-On Golf Pack: This handy bag is both lightweight and rugged. Plus, it’s not just for golfers — while it’s designed to be attached to a golf bag, it can also be attached to any other type of bag for maximum convenience.
Even with a small budget, your booster club can use these five ideas to start raising money, enriching students’ lives and bringing your community together.
Want even more ideas for promotional products for booster clubs? Get started by browsing our full selection of promo products for education. Or, read our in-depth guide to promotional products for schools.