What Your Customers Will Love About Using Custom Reusable Bags
Did you know that a single-use plastic shopping bag can take anywhere from 15 to 1000 years to decompose? And even worse, they are not biodegradable. This means that when they do decompose, they dissolve into toxic particles, a process that most frequently occurs in the ocean. Therefore, the implementation of reusable grocery totes has been on the rise.
73% of consumers currently own a promotional tote bag that can gain over 3,300 impressions for your brand. Custom reusable totes also benefit your brand by being good for the environment. Today, many cities across the country are banning single-use plastic bags in order to reduce environmental pollution. Many retail locations and supermarkets will no longer be able to hand out the free plastic bags that shoppers rely on to carry their items home. Additionally, 42% of American consumers have a more favorable opinion of an advertiser if the promotional product they received was environmentally friendly. With consumer guilt becoming a more prevalent issue, earning the social approval of customers is becoming increasingly important. So, why should you carry your own bag for shopping? What are the benefits of reusable bags and using them as promotional items? How can you find the right bag for your business? Read on to learn more.
Why Should You Bring Your Own Shopping Bag to the Store?
- You’re helping the environment! This is the obvious one. Making the switch to reusable grocery totes is much better for the environment than single-use plastic bags or even paper bags. If you’d like to read some more facts about single-use plastic bags and their effects on the environment check out this list of 25 reasons why you should NOT use plastic bags.
- Reusable bags hold more, are easier to carry, and feature more durability than a standard grocery bag. We have all been in that situation where the bagger at the supermarket puts too many heavy items in one bag. What happens when you go to pick it up? The handle breaks or the sharp corners of your cereal box penetrate the thin sides of the bag before it even makes it through your door. Because grocery totes are made to be reusable, they are much more durable than plastic bags. There are even laminated shopping totes that offer extra durability. Boxes and other large items fit better inside of them and the larger handles make heavy items more convenient and comfortable to carry.
- Custom totes are stylish. Many stores have now begun selling reusable tote bags near the checkout to encourage you to make the switch to reusable, and they have come up with creative and stylish tote bag designs. These trendy fabric shopping bags have much more of an appeal than a traditional plastic shopping bag. Why not try one for yourself? The Denim-Look Reusable Shopping Bag or Charcoal Gray Non-Woven Shopping Tote both offer attractive designs that you can use to promote your own brand.
- Multi-use grocery bags store easily. They can be kept in places that are convenient for use, such as the trunk of your vehicle or in a coat closet by your door. Most reusable bags are made to fold up flat for easy storage. The Pack-Away Shopping Tote even stuffs away into its own drawstring sack for easy, compact storage. At Crestline, I always keep a custom printed grocery tote in the drawer of my desk, and it comes in handy very often.
- Totes can be used for so much more than groceries and store purchases. Reusable grocery totes are also great for day trips, bringing to work, taking to the gym and more. Use your reusable bags for gatherings with friends or trips to the beach!
How to Use Reusable Grocery Bags Safely
Wash your reusable totes often, especially if you use them for food items. Washing your reusable bags at least once a week will kill the bacteria and help to eliminate risk. Many of our reusable grocery totes, such as our Economy Tote, are safe to wash. If you’re not sure whether or not one of our bags is safe to wash, just contact one of our experts and they will help you find out!
You can also cut down on the bacteria that your reusable bags encounter by taking advantage of sanitizing wipes that many grocery stores are now putting by the door. Before putting your tote bags in your cart, wipe the handle and other areas of the cart down to make sure that they are clean. This is a good practice to follow at the store whether you are using reusable bags or not!
Finally, you can make sure that you store your bags in a clean dry place. Don’t fold up your bag and store it if it is wet or damp, allow it to dry while open and then store.
Benefits of Promotional & Customized Reusable Bags
- They offer valuable advertising space. Personalized grocery bags have a large imprint area available so there is ample room to include your logo and design that you want to share. A large imprint area also allows for more creativity in your imprint design. An eye-catching design is great for getting the most impressions. Your design is one of the deciding factors in whether a consumer will keep your bag–an awesome design will make them want to keep it!
- Repeat use = repeat exposure! Custom bags are a great reusable product that will give you lots of valuable brand impressions. As one recipient of a promotional tote bag described it, “It is a great size and durable, so I use it all the time. It’s a perfect bag for taking to the farmers market, packing my camping supplies in, or carrying refreshments to get-togethers.” Like this customer, many consumers will hold on to a great reusable bag for as long as they can. This means that unlike traditional forms of advertising that run out, your advertisement will only end when the customer stops using your bag.
- They’re available in prices that fit any budget. Whether you are looking for a lower cost tote for a giveaway or a higher-end tote for a corporate gift or retail item, there is something for you. You name a price and a Crestline promotional product expert will find a perfect tote for you.
Factors to Keep in Mind When Investing in A Promotional Tote Bag
- The color of the bag and the desired imprint color. You will want to make sure that the message on your bag is easily readable. It is important to make sure you pick contrasting colors for your bag and your design so you can be sure viewers understand your message. If you are unsure about choosing a strong imprint color, ask one of our specialists. They are here to help you find the best colors to represent your brand and your message.
- The durability and material of the bag. What do you want your customers to use this bag for, and how do you plan to distribute it? If you are planning to sell it like a retail item, or you want the receiver to use it as something that goes beyond your typical grocery tote bag, you will want to invest in a higher quality bag. If you are looking for something to use as a gift bag or giveaway, you can choose a lighter bag.
- Make sure your bag is not going to be overlooked. If you choose to use a custom tote bag or a reusable grocery tote, make sure there is something that sets your bags apart from the rest. Whether it is the color, your imprint, or the goodies that you put inside of it!
If you’re ready to invest in a great promotional bag or reusable grocery bags, check out some of our best sellers. If making eco-friendly choices is important to you and your brand, consider investing in a reusable grocery tote bag made from recycled materials like the Laminated Grocery Tote.