What are the Types of Trade Fairs?
Depending on the industry, there are several varieties of trade fairs out there. We can categorize trade fairs by purpose, audience, location, format, frequency, and specialization or niche. The most common types of trades fairs, both in the US and internationally, include the following:
- Business-to-business (B2B) trade fairs
- Sector-specific trade fairs (i.e., hospitality, automotive, healthcare, and more)
- Consumer-focused trade fairs where several industries showcase their goods or services at a customized trade fair booth to the general public
- Specialized, sub-sector/niche-specific trade fairs (i.e., solar energy as a subsector of energy trade fairs)
- Regional-specific trade fairs
- International trade fairs