What Should You Bring to a Trade Show?
When deciding what to bring to a trade show, it’s important to be prepared by both having a plan and having all of the necessary supplies for a trade show. Here are a few “must haves” to make sure you maximize your impact at trade shows:
- Signage: Always have multiple signs to make sure you attract plenty of attention and that your booth is visible from all directions.
- Presentation Materials and Media: Once your booth attracts attention, you want to keep that attention! Make sure you sell your business and products at the booth and have samples available. Have a slide show, video clip, or demonstration ready for every audience you get.
- Promotional Swag: People love free stuff, and promotional items can be a great way to attract attention while also making sure your audience will remember your business’s name. Be prepared with plenty of customized products to hand out. Effective products include:
- Business Cards: While you want to hand out free gifts, you must also hand out plenty of business cards. You want to ensure that after the trade show’s hustle and bustle, contacts remember your name and know how to get in touch with you. When stocking up on business cards, resist the temptation to go with large or thick cards. Standard, pocket-sized business cards are still the best option.
- Supplies for Your Booth: Getting your booth set up and looking the way you want can be a big project, so make sure that you have all the necessary supplies. This includes an extension cord, power strip, plenty of pens, different types of tape, scissors, box cutters, markers, and trash bags.