Who goes to a trade show?
Since trade shows are typically B2B events, those in attendance will include: company representatives, suppliers, distributors, resellers, and members of the media or press. With few exceptions, trade shows aren’t open to the public.
For example, if you’re in the restaurant business and end up setting up a booth at a restaurant trade show, you can expect to see most or all of the following types of people in attendance:
- Fellow restaurant owners, partners, or managers from fine dining establishments through quick-service restaurants (QSRs)
- Wine/vineyard and brewery representatives
- Commercial kitchen equipment manufacturers and distributors
- Health, safety, and dietary/nutrition experts
- Editors and other representatives from food and beverage magazines and blogs
- Foodie influencers
- Inspirational speakers from top-rated restaurants and franchises