Top Manufacturing Trade Shows for
Your Business in 2023 & Beyond
If you’re part of the manufacturing industry, chances are you’ve attended or at least heard of the top manufacturing trade shows. Today’s best manufacturers are on the front lines of innovation in their respective sectors. They’re also showing the industry (and the world) what they’re up to at these trade shows. If you want to exhibit at or attend a manufacturing trade show, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ll cover everything you need to know, including:
- Why you should market your company at a manufacturing trade show.
- The best way to set up your manufacturing trade show booth.
- The most-wanted products and giveaways to offer your booth attendees.
- Which manufacturing trade shows you won’t want to miss in 2023.
Why Should You Exhibit at a Manufacturing Trade Show?
You may have questions about the benefits of trade shows or if they’re even worth it. The short answer is that showcasing your company and its products and services at a tradeshow is always beneficial.
Think about it this way. Rather than reading about what Company X or Y is doing in your sector-specific news outlet, you can meet them face to face. You’ll likely witness demonstrations of products or processes that you’ve wondered about, or find companies interested in purchasing the innovative solutions to manufacturing needs that your business offers.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the top reasons you should exhibit at a manufacturing trade show:
- Be on the front lines of the latest developments and the future direction of your industry.
- Strengthen your network.
- Form new collaborations or partnerships.
- Drive brand exposure.
- Get a close-up of what your competitors are up to.
- Drive lead generation and interact with your consumers/target audience.
How to Set up Your Manufacturing Trade Show Booth
What you need for your tradeshow booth will depend on your specific sector. For example, if you’re in aviation manufacturing, you’ll likely need a lot more exhibition space and displays than a company in the food packaging sector will need.
To bring it back to the basics, you’ll want to keep these considerations in mind as you set up your booth:
- Choose the top products and services to display that best represent your brand.
- Rally your most knowledgeable, people-friendly team members to run the booth.
- Provide your exhibiting team with branded apparel from head to toe.
- Determine the ideal booth size and number of tables you’ll need.
- Customize your tradeshow booth with branded table coverings and runners.
- Ensure your exhibit is professional and mirrors your brand with customized booth displays.
- Remember to bring the most-wanted trade show merch and giveaways branded with your logo.
What Promotional Products are Best for Manufacturing Trade Shows?
Competitors and leads alike will visit your booth. To make it a memorable experience, you’ll need branded promotional products they’ll look forward to using.
Take a look at our top promotional products you can give away at your next manufacturing trade show:
- Get attendees prepared for anything with a Multi-Tool Pen, complete with a ballpoint pen, screwdriver, flashlight, and more.
- Give away Protective Webcam Covers for extra webcam security and camera lens protection.
- Offer small, stick-on Press-N-Stick™ Calendars so that attendees can keep organized all year round.
- Help them remember conference details and contacts with a Sticky Note and Flag Set.
- Hand out Jumbo Cool Clips to make it easy to organize all of their trade show materials.
- Let them choose from various colors and styles of branded sunglasses.
- Give them an always-handy branded T-shirt.
What’s the Largest Manufacturing Trade Show in North America?
The largest manufacturing trade show in the Western Hemisphere is the International Manufacturing Trade Show (IMTS).
About the International Manufacturing Technology Show
At the International Manufacturing Technology Trade Show (IMTS), innovators, builders, and sellers of manufacturing technology convene to spotlight groundbreaking innovations and technologies in automation, robotics, traditional manufacturing, and more. It takes place every other year on even-numbered years. The next IMTS is set for 2024.
How many people attend the International Manufacturing
Technology Show in Chicago?
More than 90,000 people attended and 1,272 exhibitors set up booths at the International Manufacturing Technology Show last year (in 2022).
What Manufacturing Trade Shows Should You Attend in 2023 and Beyond?
Although the International Manufacturing Technology Show is the largest trade show you’ll attend next year in 2024, there are plenty of others to check out this year as you lead up to North America’s biggest manufacturing event. Let’s dive into some of the manufacturing trade shows you’ll want to keep on your radar in the coming months:
If you’re looking for the most extensive packing and processing trade show in North America, then PackExpo is it. Over 30,000 attendees and 2,000 exhibitors will showcase their businesses across 900,000 square feet. P&P leaders will discuss the current state and future of supply-chain resources and cutting-edge packing technologies.
When: September 11-13th, 2023
Where: Las Vegas Convention Center
3150 Paradise Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Become an Exhibitor: Reserve your booth here
If you’re after North America's most extensive welding, fabricating, metal forming, and finishing event, look no further than the FABTECH Trade Show.
When: September 11-14th
Where: McCormick Place
2301 S. King Dr.
Chicago, IL 60616
Become an Exhibitor: Sign up here
Register as an Attendee: Sign up here. Attendees can enjoy the show for free if they register before September 8th, 2023. After this date, they’ll pay a $50 registration fee.
The NBAA Business Aviation Association convention and exhibition is the largest business and private aviation manufacturing sector event. Manufacturers will exhibit aviation products and services and a variety of airplanes and jets.
When: October 17-19th, 2023
Become an Exhibitor: Sign up here
Register as an Attendee: Registration will open in July 2023, so bookmark the conference site here.
Featuring learning and professional development sessions and keynote speakers, The Automation Fair® is a premier manufacturing technology expo. Leaders unite to discuss optimization in production, risk management, sustainability, and more.
When: November 6-9th, 2023
Where: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center Boston, MA
Become an Exhibitor: Email the coordinators here if you wish to exhibit.
Register as an Attendee: Registration will open in August, so watch their website.
Top manufacturing technology leaders and trailblazing innovators worldwide, across multiple sub-sectors, will exhibit or attend IMTS 2024. You’ll find businesses from sectors such as fabricating and lasers, automation, metal removal, software, and more, offering live demonstrations and producing roll-outs.
When: September 9-14th, 2024
Where: McCormick Place
2301 S. Lakeshore Dr.
Chicago, IL 60616
Become an Exhibitor: Reserve your space here
Register as an Attendee: IMTS conference registration information will go live in February 2024. In the meantime, sign up for a free “My Show” account here.
The last thing you want to do is show up to your next manufacturing trade show empty-handed. Our highly experienced account managers at Crestline have unique ideas for just the right sector-specific manufacturing promotional products to give away at your booth. Contact us today, and let us handle all your tradeshow booth customizations and merch from A to Z.