Best Marketing Approach for Baby Boomers & Seniors with Promotional Products
Promotional products are a great way to market to every generation including Baby Boomers and The Greatest Generation. According to a recent study by ASI*, these logo imprinted giveaway items are the most highly regarded form of advertising. And why shouldn’t they be? Promo items are free gifts! Below we’ll take a closer look at the advantages of senior swag as well as which items older Americans like best.
Marketing to Senior Citizens by the Numbers
- 45% of Baby Boomers who own promo products have kept them for more than 10 years.
- Nearly two thirds (65%) of Baby Boomers who own promo products have kept them for more than 5 years. The longer an item is kept and used, the more impressions your brand message receives!
- American households own an average of 30 promo products, but Baby Boomers have fewer than Millennials or Generation X. Fixing that stat represents a huge opportunity for advertisers.
Which Promotional Products Do Baby Boomers Like Best?
- Fitness and physical activity are important for the mind and body at any age. Here are some healthy corporate gift ideas for seniors:
- 53% of consumers age 55+ have a more favorable opinion of the advertiser if the promo product they received was environmentally friendly—higher than Generation X or Millennials!
- These days, retirement can just mean ditching the 9 to 5, and going into business for yourself. That requires the latest technology. Treat retirees to branded tech accessories that enable everything from entrepreneurship, talking to friends and family over social media, and jamming to their favorite tunes with headphones.
- Pro Tip: 61% of consumers age 55+ would choose a USB drive over a power bank.
USA Made Swag
- 70% of Baby Boomer consumers are more favorable to advertisers if the promo product was Made in the USA , which is far more than Generation X or millennials.
- Across all product categories, Crestline has a variety of items Made in the USA that will be sure to fit your promotional marketing idea and budget.
- Today’s seniors have more time and resources than ever before, and energy to boot! Help them enjoy their adventures with handy items for travel and vacation.
- Seniors hobbies go far beyond the stereotypes of bingo and reading the morning newspaper – they enjoy a variety of pursuits that provide exercise, adventure, and stimulation.
- Gardening – Seeds, rain gauge, wind chime
- Games & Puzzles - Playing Cards
- Golf – umbrella, cooler, towel
- Artistic Endeavors – adult coloring books colored pencils
- Reading & Learning – bookmarks, book reading light , farmer’s almanac
- Cooking & Baking – measuring cups, cutting board
- Birdwatching - Bird Feeder, Binoculars
Tailor Your Imprint
- Choose simple fonts and larger typefaces. To accommodate larger print, select items that have a large imprint space.
- Choose a print color that contrasts with the color of the product you are printing on to make sure your logo or company name stands out.